Recipe for How to Make CBD Gummies
CBD gummy bears are one of the easiest ways to get your dose of CBD on a daily basis and this simple CBD gummies recipe on how to make CBD gummies using Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil will take you only 10 minutes or less!
CBD Gummy Dosage & Size Tips
We crafted this CBD gummies recipe in order to make it easy for even the most inexperienced baker learn how to make CBD gummies.
Using this exact CBD gummies recipe, you’ll create 20-120 total CBD gummies, depending on the mold you use. We used two different molds in order to create different strength gummies with CBD dosages.
First, we used a CBD gummy bears mold that are about 2.5 mg of CBD each, which this recipe can make 120 CBD gummy bears that are about 2.5 mg of CBD each. These 2.5 mg gummies are perfect if you want to take smaller dosages of CBD throughout the day.
We also used a larger cannabis leaf gummy mold. Using this mold, our recipe made about 20 CBD leaves per batch with 15 mg of CBD in each leaf. This size and dosage of CBD gummy is best for those looking to take one gummy at a time to get an average 15 mg dose once or twice a day.
Benefits of CBD Gummies
CBD gummies are actually a form of CBD edible. CBD edibles are arguably the best way of consuming CBD as it allows the body to get a consistent supply of CBD over time, also known as microdosing.
After you eat a CBD gummy and it enters the stomach, it is digested, CBD slowly breaks down from the gummy, and enters the endocannabinoid system.
Tips for How to Make CBD Gummies
We recommend making this simple CBD gummies recipe exactly how it is detailed out below.
15 mg CBD Gummies: This recipe will make roughly 10 ounces of CBD gummy mixture, which will make 20 pcs of 1/2 oz CBD gummies that are about 15 mg CBD per gummy, as we did with the cannabis leaf mold.
2.5 mg CBD Gummy Bears: If you make standard gummy bears that are about 1/4 teaspoon each, then each CBD gummy bear will be roughly 2.5 mg of CBD. You will end up with about 120 total CBD gummy bears per batch.
If you are making some changes to this recipe, including using a different sized mold than the two options listed above, please check out the “Notes” section of the CBD gummies recipe below. There we explain exactly how to calculate the CBD dosage per gummy and make sure your CBD dosage right for you!
Note: The average CBD dosage of our staff at Simply Add CBD is around 10-20 mg of CBD per serving. This is one (1) CBD gummy cannabis leaves when following this recipe. If you do a standard gummy bear mold, this would roughly be four (4) to eight (8) CBD gummy bears.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil
We highly recommend using our Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil for this CBD gummies recipe.
*Using any other CBD oil besides Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil may drastically change the recipe, taste, and potency of your CBD gummies.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is specifically designed for baking.
We source fresh hemp flower from local Wisconsin farmers and manufacture this product in-house. Our CBD Baking Oil contains CBD concentrate made with solventless extraction and no added preservatives!
Again, there are no solvents used in the hemp extraction process like the majority of other retailer’s products out there.
All you get is the straight CBD concentrate from our in-house processed hemp flower infused into MCT oil. Some would call this organic processing.
Also, it is half the cost of 95% of all other CBD oils on the market, since you are buying right from us – the manufacturer!
Simple CBD Gummies Recipe
- Measuring cups
- Wire Whisk
- Disposable Pipettes
- Gummy Bear Mold or Other Silicone Mold
- ½ cup Water
- 3 tbsp Stevia Stevia makes them Keto and Paleo, too!
- 2.5 tbsp Gelatin
- ½ tsp Powdered Flavoring we used Very Berry from a cooking store
- ¼ tsp Vitamin C Powder use more to make them more sour!
- 12 ml Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil ≈ 2.5 mg CBD per 1/4 tsp Gummy Bear or 15 mg per 0.5 oz Hemp Leaf
- 1/4 tsp Powdered Fruit (optional) Adds coloring and flavor. We used a powdered Acai Maqui Bowl Mix powder from Whole Foods.
- Pour the water into the saucepan and place the pan on your stove burner. Set your stove burner on the lowest setting.
- Add in the stevia, powdered flavoring, and vitamin C powder. Mix with your whisk for 1-2 minutes until fully incorporated.
- Add the Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil and mix.
- Begin pouring in your gelatin slowly, a little at a time, while continuing to mix with your wire whisk. Be careful not to pour in too fast or in big globs at one time! Pouring the gelatin in too fast or too much in at one time will create little (or sometimes big) gelatin clumps. This will cause your gummies to not have a smooth texture. See notes section for further details on this.
- Once your gelatin is fully incorporated and you have a smooth mixture, remove the sauce pan from the heat.
- Using the disposable pipette, begin to fill your silicone gummy mold with your CBD gummy mixture. As you are filling in the gummy mold, be sure to regularly mix up the CBD gummy mixture that remains in the sauce pan to keep it from setting and to ensure the CBD oil remains dispersed.
- Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature, then put them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to finish curing.
- Pull them from the refrigerator and remove them from the silicone mold, placing them into a mason jar or any other container with a lid to keep them fresh!
- Enjoy your Simply Add CBD™ Gummies!
FAQ on How to Make CBD Gummies
It is recommended to discuss your specific situation with a medical professional. Although we cannot specify a dosage for you, we do recommend trying different dosages to decide what the best CBD gummy dosage is for you.
Homemade CBD gummies made without preservatives will last up to six to eight weeks, or potentially longer if stored in the refrigerator. If you add in dried fruit for flavor, they will last less than two weeks.
Adding preservatives to your CBD gummy recipe would make your gummies comparable to the CBD gummies you can find online and allow them to last over 10 weeks. However, this would take away the benefit of making healthy CBD gummies.
Yes! The great thing about CBD gummies is they tend to last long with proper storage and they are small, so you can take them in a small snack or sandwich bag with you to microdose throughout the day.
CBD gummies for microdosing may be one of the best edibles to make if you have a busy schedule. They only take 15 minutes, you can make a large batch, and they last several weeks!
CBD microdosing is essentially consuming CBD throughout the day, instead of consuming larger doses once or twice a day. It incorporates both CBD edibles and CBD skincare cosmetics. This is known to be a more effective way of consuming CBD.
Read our complete, research backed Guide on CBD Microdosing.