CBD Apple Pie Recipe
A CBD apple pie is one of the best desserts and this CBD apple pie recipe using Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil truly will not disappoint!
Using this CBD apple pie recipe, you will make 8 slices of warm apple pie that contains around 12.5 mg of CBD per slice, which is perfect to kick off the day if you are like me and enjoy having your pie for breakfast. CBD infused apple pie also makes for a sweet-satisfying final dose of the day for dessert after dinner.
Tips for How to Make a CBD Apple Pie
We recommend making this simple CBD apple pie recipe exactly how it is detailed out below. This way, you won’t mess with the CBD dosage.
If you are interested in making some changes to the recipe, please check out the notes section of the recipe on how to calculate and make sure your CBD dosage right!
Note: The average CBD dosage of our staff at Simply Add CBD is around 10-20 mg of CBD per serving. This is one slice of this CBD apple pie when following this recipe.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil
We highly recommend using our Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil for this recipe.
*Using any other CBD oil besides Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil may drastically change the recipe, taste, and potency of your CBD apple pie.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is specifically designed for baking.
We source fresh hemp flower from local Wisconsin farmers and manufacture this product in-house. Our CBD Baking Oil contains CBD concentrate made with solventless extraction and no added preservatives!
Again, there are no solvents used in the hemp extraction process like the majority of other retailer’s products out there.
All you get is the straight CBD concentrate from our in-house processed hemp flower infused into MCT oil. Some would call this organic processing.
Also, it is half the cost of 95% of all other CBD oils on the market, since you are buying right from us – the manufacturer!
Simply Add CBD™
Baking CBD Oil
Clean, solventless CBD oil for baking.
Ingredients: Solventless Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil + MCT Oil
Simple CBD Apple Pie Recipe
For the Crust
- 2½ cups Flour
- 1 cup Butter cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cold Water
- 4 ml Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil ≈ 12.5 mg CBD per Slice of Pie
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
For the Filling
- 5 Apples peeled, cored and diced into small wedges
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For Brushing Glaze
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- In a large bowl add the flour, icing sugar, pinch of salt, diced butter and vanilla extract.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture until sandy consistency forms.
- Add the water and Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil by dispensing it out of the dropper a little at a time all over the mixture to disperse the CBD. Beat until the mixture forms a dough.Important: Mix thoroughly at this step for a few extra minutes to ensure the Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is dispersed throughout the mixture. This will ensure each slice of CBD apple pie has a more even dosage of CBD.
- Transfer the dough into a parchment paper and wrap it to set in fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Get out a cutting board or tape down a piece of parchment paper onto your counter top, then dust it with flour. Take roughly 2/3 of your dough and roll it our into a flattened circle using a rolling pin on the flour dusted working surface. Transfer this rolled out piece of dough into a pie pan.
- Gently press the dough to the pie pan so it’s nice layered and let it chill in fridge while you prepare the filling and the strips for the pie.
- First, begin preheating your oven to 425° F or 200° C.* This way it'll be ready by the time you make the filling and craft the rest of the CBD apple pie.
- In a bowl add the diced apples, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Mix everything together and make sure that the apples are covered with all that lemon juice.
- Add the cornstarch, cinnamon, ground nutmeg and clove - mix thoroughly again.
- Transfer the filling to the chilled pie crust and spread evenly.
The Lattice Top
- Grab the remaining 1/3 of the dough and roll it out into a flattened circle onto your flour dusted working surface. Cut this flattened dough circle into 1-inch wide strips to be used for the lattice.
- To form the lattice pattern, take the longest strip and place it in the center of the pie on top of the filling. Take 4-5 more shorter strips and arrange them in the same way spaced out from one another.
- Now take another long strip and lay it in the opposite way, perpendicular across the first layer of dough strips, to form the lattice pattern. Take 4-5 more stripes and lay them this same way spaced out from one another.
- Secure the edges of the lattice strips to the side of the pie crust using a fork and pressing it tightly to the side of the pie pan. Remove any excess dough with small knife.
- In a small glass, mix the egg yolk and heavy cream to make the egg wash glaze. Brush all the strips and edges of the pie with this glaze and then sprinkle some brown sugar on top of the pie as a final touch before baking.
- Begin baking at 425° F or 200° C degrees for just 15 minutes. Then, reduce the temperature to 350° F or 180° C degrees and continue with baking for next 35 minutes.
- Once baking is complete, pull the CBD apple pie and hold yourself back from diving in right away! Place the pie in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours, if not overnight, prior to cutting into the pie. This will help secure the structure of the pie, preventing it from falling apart and oozing everywhere!
- Enjoy your Simply Add CBD™ Apple Pie!