Cherry & Vanilla Filled CBD Chocolate Cake Recipe
Our cherry and vanilla filled CBD chocolate cake recipe using Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is one to save for when you are feeling adventurous for something rich!
Using this CBD chocolate cake recipe makes 8 slices of chocolate cake that contains around 12.5 mg of CBD per slice.
Tips for How to Make a CBD Chocolate Cake
We recommend making this simple cherry and vanilla CBD chocolate cake recipe exactly how it is detailed out below. This way, you won’t mess with the CBD dosage.
If you are interested in making some changes to the recipe, please check out the notes section of this recipe on how to calculate and make sure your CBD dosage is right for you!
Note: The average CBD dosage of our staff at Simply Add CBD is around 10-20 mg of CBD per serving. This is one slice of this CBD chocolate cake when following this recipe.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil
We highly recommend using our Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil for this recipe.
*Using any other CBD oil besides Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil may drastically change the recipe, taste, and potency of your CBD chocolate cake.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is specifically designed for baking.
We source fresh hemp flower from local Wisconsin farmers and manufacture this product in-house. Our CBD Baking Oil contains CBD concentrate made with solventless extraction and no added preservatives!
Again, there are no solvents used in the hemp extraction process like the majority of other retailer’s products out there.
All you get is the straight CBD concentrate from our in-house processed hemp flower infused into MCT oil. Some would call this organic processing.
Also, it is half the cost of 95% of all other CBD oils on the market, since you are buying right from us – the manufacturer!
Simply Add CBD™
Baking CBD Oil
Clean, solventless CBD oil for baking.
Ingredients: Solventless Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil + MCT Oil
Simple Cherry & Vanilla CBD Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Measuring cups
- 9" Springform Pan
- Cake Container
For the CBD Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Butter cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Water room temperature
- 4 ml Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil ≈ 12.5 mg CBD per slice
For the Fillings
- 10 oz Cherry Pie Filling (one can)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Begin by starting to preheat your oven to 350° F or 180° C.
- in large mixing bowl first mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Into the same bowl with the powder mixture, add the eggs, whole milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, sour cream, lukewarm water and Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil by dispensing it out of the dropper a little at a time all over the mixture to disperse the CBD. Beat all of these ingredients together.Important: Mix thoroughly at this step for a few extra minutes to ensure the Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is dispersed throughout the mixture. This will ensure each slice of CBD apple pie has a more even dosage of CBD.
- Grease your springform pan and dust it with flour to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, then transfer the cake mixture into the pan.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the chocolate cake cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, remove it from the spring form pan and slice the top off by cutting the cake horizontally in half in the middle of the cake.
- Place the bottom half onto the bottom of a cake onto the bottom part of your cake container.
- Spread the cherry pie filling onto that bottom half of the cake you just put onto the cake container.
- In another medium sized bowl, add in the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Whip the cream with a hand mixer until it thickens and stiff peak begin to form in the bowl as you mix.
- Use a spatula to scoop out and evenly spread this vanilla whipped cream on-top of the cherry filling already layered onto the bottom half of the cake.
- Finally add the top half of the chocolate cake. Place the cover of the cake container over the cake and place it in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Slice and enjoy your Simply Add CBD™ Chocolate Cake with Cherry and Vanilla Filling!