CBD Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
This CBD red velvet cupcake recipe using Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is one of our favorite cupcake recipes! We are always craving anything with cream cheese in it and these CBD red velvet cupcakes definitely hit the spot!
Tips for How to Make CBD Red Velvet Cupcakes
We recommend making this simple CBD red velvet cupcake recipe exactly how it is detailed out below. This way, you won’t mess with the CBD dosage.
If you are interested in making some changes to the recipe, please check out the notes section of the recipe on how to calculate and make sure your CBD dosage is right for you!
Note: The average CBD dosage of our staff at Simply Add CBD is around 10-20 mg of CBD per serving. This is about 1 of these red velvet cupcakes when following this recipe.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil
We highly recommend using our Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil for this recipe.
*Using any other CBD oil besides Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil may drastically change the recipe, taste, and potency of your CBD red velvet cupcakes.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is specifically designed for baking.
We source fresh hemp flower from local Wisconsin farmers and manufacture this product in-house. Our CBD Baking Oil contains CBD concentrate made with solventless extraction and no added preservatives!
Again, there are no solvents used in the hemp extraction process like the majority of other retailer’s products out there.
All you get is the straight CBD concentrate from our in-house processed hemp flower infused into MCT oil. Some would call this organic processing.
Also, it is half the cost of 95% of all other CBD oils on the market, since you are buying right from us – the manufacturer!
Simply Add CBD™
Baking CBD Oil
Clean, solventless CBD oil for baking.
Ingredients: Solventless Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil + MCT Oil
Simple CBD Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Cups
- Measuring cups
- Wire Whisk
- Ice Cream / Cookie Dough Scoop
- Piping Bag + Star Tip
For the Red Velvet Cupcakes
- ½ cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ¾ tbsp Red Food Coloring
- 6 ml Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil ≈ 12.5 mg CBD per cupcake
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 ounce Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
For the Frosting
- 3 ounce Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Powdered Sugar
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- In a large mixing bowl add the melted butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, milk & Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil. Important: Mix thoroughly at this step for a few minutes to ensure the Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is dispersed throughout the mixture. This will ensure each cupcake has a more even dosage of CBD.
- Whisk and stir in the flour, pinch of salt, cocoa powder, red food coloring, and baking powder.
- Line the muffin tin with muffin cups and using an ice cream scoop, scoop out from the batter and fill the muffin cups just ¾ of the way full. This way, the cupcake has room to rise.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese, egg, and sugar. Use this mixture and add a spoonful to the top of the batter.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Then pull them out and set them aside to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl add heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Beat with a hand mixer on slow until it starts to thicken and then beat until stiff peaks start to form.
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and frost the cupcakes.
- Enjoy your Simply Add CBD™ Red Velvet Cupcakes!