CBD Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
Mint and chocolate are the perfect match in this CBD mint chocolate chip cupcake recipe using Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil. These are great for birthdays, holidays, weddings, or any other event.
Tips for How to Make a CBD Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
We recommend making this simple CBD mint chocolate chip cupcake recipe exactly how it is detailed out below. This way, you won’t mess with the CBD dosage.
If you are interested in making some changes to the recipe, please check out the notes section of the recipe on how to calculate and make sure your CBD dosage is right for you!
Note: The average CBD dosage of our staff at Simply Add CBD is around 10-20 mg of CBD per serving. This is one of the CBD mint chocolate chip cupcakes when following this recipe.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil
We highly recommend using our Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil for this recipe.
*Using any other CBD oil besides Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil may drastically change the recipe, taste, and potency of your CBD mint chocolate chip cupcakes.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is specifically designed for baking.
We source fresh hemp flower from local Wisconsin farmers and manufacture this product in-house. Our CBD Baking Oil contains CBD concentrate made with solventless extraction and no added preservatives!
Again, there are no solvents used in the hemp extraction process like the majority of other retailer’s products out there.
All you get is the straight CBD concentrate from our in-house processed hemp flower infused into MCT oil. Some would call this organic processing.
Also, it is half the cost of 95% of all other CBD oils on the market, since you are buying right from us – the manufacturer!
Simply Add CBD™
Baking CBD Oil
Clean, solventless CBD oil for baking.
Ingredients: Solventless Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil + MCT Oil
Simple CBD Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Cups
- Measuring cups
- Wire Whisk
- Ice Cream / Cookie Dough Scoop
- Piping Bag + Star Tip
For the Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 Eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Oil MCT, Canola, or Vegetable
- ½ cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Espresso Powder
- 1 tsp Mint Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 6 ml Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil ≈ 10 mg CBD per cupcake
For the Mint Buttermilk Topping
- 1 stick Butter Naturally at room tempurature - not melted or softened.
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips for serving
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Mint Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Fresh Springs of Mint
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350° F / 175° C.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and pinch of salt. Mix well all of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl add the eggs, oil, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, mint extract, whole milk, and Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil. Whisk well until combined and CBD oil is dispersed throughout the mixture.Important: Mix thoroughly at this step for a few minutes to ensure the Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is dispersed throughout the mixture. This will ensure each cupcake has a more even dosage of CBD.
- In thirds, add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, mixing well between each addition with the hand mixer.
- Finally, add in the chocolate chips and fold with the spatula or beat slowly with the hand mixer until dispersed.
- Line the muffin tin with muffin cups and using an ice cream scoop, scoop out from the batter and fill the muffin cups just ¾ of the way full.
- Bake them in well heated oven for about 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Then pull them out and set them aside to cool completely.
Mint Buttermilk Topping
- In a mixing bowl add the softened butter and cream it with the powdered sugar using the hand mixer.
- Add the whipping cream and beat until thick a buttercream forms.
- Finally add the vanilla extract, green food coloring and mint extract. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the filling into a piping bag fitted with star tip and decorate the cupcakes, adding the fresh sprigs of mint and chocolate chips on top.
- Chill in fridge before serving.
- Enjoy your Simply Add CBD™ Mint Chocolate Cupcakes!