CBD Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
CBD lemon meringue pie recipe using Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is a delicious fruit pie bursting with lemon and a light cream. Lemon meringue pie with CBD can be the go-to pie for many events, especially in the summer for family gatherings, 4th of July events, or outdoor parties.
Tips for How to Make CBD Lemon Meringue Pie
We recommend making this simple CBD lemon meringue pie recipe exactly how it is detailed out below. This way, you won’t mess with the CBD dosage.
If you are interested in making some changes to the recipe, please check out the notes section of the recipe on how to calculate and make sure your CBD dosage is right for you!
Note: The average CBD dosage of our staff at Simply Add CBD is around 10-20 mg of CBD per serving. This is about one slice of this CBD lemon meringue pie when following this recipe.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil
We highly recommend using our Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil for this recipe.
*Using any other CBD oil besides Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil may drastically change the recipe, taste, and potency of your CBD lemon meringue pie.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is specifically designed for baking.
We source fresh hemp flower from local Wisconsin farmers and manufacture this product in-house. Our CBD Baking Oil contains CBD concentrate made with solventless extraction and no added preservatives!
Again, there are no solvents used in the hemp extraction process like the majority of other retailer’s products out there.
All you get is the straight CBD concentrate from our in-house processed hemp flower infused into MCT oil. Some would call this organic processing.
Also, it is half the cost of 95% of all other CBD oils on the market, since you are buying right from us – the manufacturer!
Simply Add CBD™
Baking CBD Oil
Clean, solventless CBD oil for baking.
Ingredients: Solventless Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil + MCT Oil
Simple CBD Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
- Pie Pan
- Rolling Pin
- Measuring cups
- Refrigerator & Freezer
- Cooking Torch (optional)
For the Crust
- 1¼ cups Flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Butter diced
- 2 tbsp Cold Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Pie Filling
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cup Cold Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 3 tbsp Butter
- ⅓ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 4 ml Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil ≈ 12.5 mg CBD per Slice of Pie
For the Topping
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, egg yolk and diced butter.
- Beat the cold butter into the flour mixture using a hand mixer, until sandy consistency forms.
- Add the cold water into the mixture and mix to start forming the dough.
- Let the dough chill in your fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Let the dough chill while you make the filling.
- Begin preheating your oven to 400° F or 190° C.
- On a flour dusted working surface, roll out the dough into ½ inch thickness. Then place it in a pie pan, forming it to the pan. Poke the pie shell in various places using a fork and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake the pie in the pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown, then set it aside to let it cool completely.
CBD Lemon Pie Filling
- In a bowl whisk the cornstarch, egg yolks, flour, vanilla extract, sugar, and a little bit of the water.
- Place the rest of the water in a saucepan and place it on your stove at medium-high heat.
- When the water is almost coming to a boil, add the egg yolk mixture and start whisking with wire whisk constantly, until it thickens.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, and the Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil. Stir until combined and fully incorporated.Important: Mix thoroughly at this step for a few extra minutes to ensure the Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is dispersed throughout the mixture. This will ensure each slice of CBD lemon meringue pie has an even dosage of CBD.
- Cover the bowl with this CBD lemon pie filling with plastic wrap. Set it aside to cool completely.
- Pour the chilled filling into the pie crust and smooth it out evenly.
- Whip the egg whites and gradually add the sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped merengue on top of the pie.
- (optional) Use a torch and lightly pass over the top of the whipped meringue topping peaks.
- Place the pie in the fridge to cool for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Enjoy your Simply Add CBD™ Lemon Meringue Pie!