CBD Cherry Pie Recipe
This CBD cherry pie recipe using Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is a great recipe to make for the holidays or just when you are feeling like a slice of pie.
Tips for How to Make CBD Cherry Pie
We recommend making this simple CBD cherry pie recipe exactly how it is detailed out below. This way, you won’t mess with the CBD dosage.
If you are interested in making some changes to the recipe, please check out the notes section of the recipe on how to calculate and make sure your CBD dosage is right for you!
Note: The average CBD dosage of our staff at Simply Add CBD is around 10-20 mg of CBD per serving. This is about 1-2 slices of this CBD cherry pie when following this recipe.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil
We highly recommend using our Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil for this recipe.
*Using any other CBD oil besides Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil may drastically change the recipe, taste, and potency of your CBD cherry pie.
Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is specifically designed for baking.
We source fresh hemp flower from local Wisconsin farmers and manufacture this product in-house. Our CBD Baking Oil contains CBD concentrate made with solventless extraction and no added preservatives!
Again, there are no solvents used in the hemp extraction process like the majority of other retailer’s products out there.
All you get is the straight CBD concentrate from our in-house processed hemp flower infused into MCT oil. Some would call this organic processing.
Also, it is half the cost of 95% of all other CBD oils on the market, since you are buying right from us – the manufacturer!
Simply Add CBD™
Baking CBD Oil
Clean, solventless CBD oil for baking.
Ingredients: Solventless Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil + MCT Oil
Simple CBD Cherry Pie Recipe
- Pie Pan
- Rolling Pin
- Measuring cups
- Pastry Brush
- Pizza Cutter or Sharp Knife
- Wire Whisk
For the Crust
- 2½ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 tbsp Ice Water
- 1 cup Butter cold & diced
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
For the Cherry Pie Filling
- 27 oz Fresh Pitted or Frozen Cherries
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ⅓ cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Butter melted
- 4 ml Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil ≈ 12.5 mg CBD per Slice of Pie
For the Egg Wash
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- In a large bowl add the flour, salt, vanilla extract, egg yolk, & butter.
- Rub the cold butter into the flour mixture, until sandy consistency forms.
- Add the icy water into the mixture and start forming a bowl.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- On a clean, flour dusted countertop, with your rolling pin, roll 2/3 of the dough into 1/4 inch thickness and put in your pie pan.
- Let the pie crust chill in the freezer until you make the lattice top.
- In another bowl, add the cherries, lemon juice, melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, cornstarch, flour, & Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil. Mix with a spatula and set aside. Important: Mix thoroughly at this step for a few extra minutes to ensure the Simply Add CBD™ Baking Oil is dispersed throughout the mixture. This will ensure each slice of CBD cherry pie has an even dosage of CBD.
The Lattice Top
- Lattice tops are very important when making fruit pies. In the oven, the pie filling will start to bubble if the steam from the filling doesn't have anywhere to escape. And if it has too much room to escape, the filling will burn. Having these small areas for the steam to escape helps bake the pie right!
- Roll out the remaining 1/3 piece of dough on a flour dusted working area and cut strips about 1" apart with pizza cutter or sharp knife.
Build the Pie
- Pour the filling on top of the chilled pie crust and with your strips of dough for the lattice top, start putting those on the top of the pie filling.
- Start forming the lattice top with your strips of dough. Form it by weaving up and over.
- After the lattice top is done, you'll want to brush the pie with an egg wash. To do this, mix the egg yolk and the milk in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Using the pastry brush, brush the pie and sprinkle the granulated sugar on top.
- Bake the CBD cherry pie at 400° F or 190° C for about 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350° F or 180° C for 25-30 minutes more.
- Let the cherry pie cool completely before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Enjoy your Simply Add CBD™ Cherry Pie!